Friday, February 11, 2011

One of Life’s Lessons

Recently Brinkley learned one of life’s toughest lessons. 

CATS ALWAYS GET WHAT THEY WANT!

We tried to explain this to her when she first became part of our family,

4757_98233851485_513916485_2459226_8344020_n

but I’m not sure she ever fully understood it until yesterday. 

You see, several months ago I made Brinkley a bed.  She had been through countless store bought beds because as it turns out, the only thing they were good for was ripping them apart and eating the stuffing.  So, with all the brilliance I possess, I decided to make her one that didn’t have any stuffing.  I bought a really soft baby blanket and cut a slit in the back of it.  I then cut a twin sized $10 “memory foam” mattress into fourths.  I cut the four pieces to fit snuggly inside the blanket and then I stuffed them in and smoothed them out.  Voila, a doggie bed big enough for 65 lbs to comfortably sprawl across.  I didn’t even sew the slit in the back.  I just threw it on the floor and she was instantly in dog heaven. (This is the project part.)

 SAM_0138   

That was until recently, when this started happening.

IMG_0599

I felt so bad for Brinkley that I got out an old dog bed that had been given to us.  I sprayed Febreze on it and used a lint roller to get off all the old hair.  I thought I would see if I could coax Bub to start sleeping on the smaller dog bed.  It’s the exact same type of material and everything.  The only difference is that it is made with stuffing and it’s made for a 10lb dog. 

This is what has happened.

IMG_0623

IMG_0601  IMG_0615  IMG_0605 IMG_0626

IMG_0602    IMG_0610

I wish we could help, but we gave up our bed years ago.  This is just one of those things in life that we all have to learn to deal with…

CATS ALWAYS GET WHAT THEY WANT!

Signature

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...