Friday, November 11, 2011

Leggings

I love wearing leggings.  My husband is not as fond of them as I, so last year when everyone was frolicking in their super cute legging outfits I was sitting on the bench.  Let me just insert here that I am often criticized for wearing what my husband likes instead of what I want to wear. I think these criticisms are kind of ridiculous. My husband is the only person in the entire world that I have any desire or need to impress (outside of work).  Why would I wear something that I know he hates?  That just doesn’t make any sense to me.  Just because I only wear what he likes does not mean that I don’t get to wear things that I do like.  I wear what I am comfortable in and what he likes looking at me in.  Knowing that my husband thinks I look good gives me more confidence than wearing any trend that I know he hates.  I practically live in comfy pants, flats and loose fitting tops because I would rather be comfortable than look good.  He thinks these outfits are cute on me, so we both win. 

Speaking of comfortable, this post is supposed to be about leggings.  I have been training under a flight attendant named Andrea.  She is an amazing flight attendant and I really enjoy getting to spend time with her.  She first trained me for domestic flights.  I’ve been doing those on my own for a while now.  More recently she has been training me on the international side.  As I have watched her both in the airplane and on layovers I have come to realize that she doesn’t wear jeans on our trips.  Unless she is dressed in slacks, a dress or a skirt, she is wearing leggings.  When I realized this it finally clicked in my head that jeans are the worst thing to pack (besides suites)!  If I wear legging outfits when I travel then I never have to deal with packing jeans.  This is brilliant!  It makes everything easier.  It saves a ton of space and makes your suitcase lighter.  So, after this discovery leading to the fact that leggings are now essential to my wardrobe, and the fact that leggings have been out long enough that Jason has adjusted to seeing them and now likes them, I have become a leggings wearing fool!   

I just read this article about how to wear leggings when you are over age 30, which I will be in one month, and I thought that other legging wearing fools might like to read it too.  Enjoy! 

Signature

3 comments:

  1. I love this post. And what a perfect compromise. And great that your husband allows his preferences to change with time. I read the article about women over 30 in leggings as I'm about to add a pair to my wardrobe for the first time! I'm not a trend follower (at all) but I bought tall boots last winter, so now I'm ready for some pants I can comfortably wear inside of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny that you posted this today...a couple of days ago we saw a grown woman (older than our parents...or not older than them but living a VERY hard life) at Chick-fil-a wearing leggings and a SUPER tight SUPER short sweater. No matter her exact age, she was clearly old enough to know better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome Britney!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...