Friday, March 11, 2011

A Match Made In Heaven

If there is one thing I have learned about left-overs it’s that if you don’t have everything you need to make a meal with them, then you might as well throw them out. 

Today is trash day at our house, so the first thing I did after Jason left for work was clean out the fridge.  (I leave old food in the fridge until trash day because at least it doesn’t smell when it’s in the fridge.)  I threw out almost everything, but I did find some left-over sausage gravy.  I realized that even if I wanted to eat it there were no biscuits in the house.  Call me spoiled, but I don’t eat sausage gravy over regular bread.)  So, I put the gravy back in the fridge, added biscuits to the grocery list and then went back to cleaning out the fridge.  The only problem was that I really wanted some of that gravy.  I tried to tell myself that I’d buy biscuits  today and get to enjoy the gravy tomorrow.  Then it occurred to me that I had some of those AWESOME yeast rolls in the freezer. 

(picture from walmart.com)

These rolls, with the sausage gravy, were a match made in heaven.  I made four rolls so that when someone else decides they want to finish the gray, there is bread to go with it. 

About these rolls:  The brand is Sister Shubert’s.  They are already baked yeast rolls that you keep in your freezer.  All you have to do is put them in an oven heated to 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes.  This means that as you are finishing the amazing dinner that you’re cooking for your family and you all of a sudden realize that this dinner would have been perfect if you had just remembered the bread, you pull these out of the freezer and pop them into the oven.  They only take about as long to cook as it takes to fix drinks and plates.  They are perfect, and they taste incredible.  Just make sure you buy the bag that looks exactly like the one pictured here.  There are some variations of rolls and this one is definitely the best.  We accidentally got a different bag a few weeks ago and it was a total disappointment, not because they weren’t also good, but because we LOVE THESE so much.

Dear Mom, thanks for introducing me to these AWESOME ROLLS so many years ago!

Signature 2

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...