Monday, October 31, 2011

Memory Verse Monday – Weeks 3 & 4

If you have been with me since the beginning, then this is the last week you will have two verses to memorize.  I have decided to show the King James Version and the NIV for all of my verses.  I know the KJV isn’t a version that many people use any more, but I like the wording.  However, I want to also use the NIV because I feel like the verses are easier to memorize.  This way, you can choose.  If this is your first week, not to worry you can just learn 2 verses per week for the next 3 weeks and then you will be caught up. 

Week 3:

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105 (KJV)

You’re word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.  Psalm 119:105 (NIV)

I personally like the KJV.  The reason for this is the Amy Grant song that came out when I was about 7.  I remember closing my bedroom door, playing it in my tape player, and singing to it really loud. 

 

Week 4:

God is my strength and power: and He maketh my way perfect. 2 Samuel 22:33 (KJV)

It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. 2 Samuel 22:33 (NIV)

 

Review:

Genesis 1:1

Philippians 4:13

 

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...