Friday, February 10, 2012

Cabinet Organization – Only $1.80 per box!

Storage 2

I’m so excited to finally get one thing in this house organized.  Even if it is just one cabinet.  I bought these boxes at Walmart.  They are 9.25” x 10.25”.  They come in packages of 3 and only cost $5 per package.  $5!!!  Anyone can get organized at that price.  (Okay, I just spent 20 minutes looking for these online and they don’t exist anywhere.  If they are at your Walmart I would snatch them all.  That is my plan tomorrow.)

_DSC0166

I bought pretty paper at Hobby Lobby for $0.59 per sheet of paper.  (You can’t see it in the picture, but the paper is shiny cardstock.)
I used Microsoft Publisher to make the labels.  The exact same shape is in Word.  You just insert the shape into your document, add a text box inside.  Make the shape line 4pts and add the wording you want.  I kept the labels to one word because I liked the way it looked.  I then printed on my pretty paper, cut out the labels, punched holes in the top and then used ribbon to tie them to the boxes. 

_DSC0146

This was my final result:

Storage

I know it still looks a little messy, but it’s the organized chaos that is my house, and I’m thrilled!  I’ve already made boxes for other parts of the house – light bulbs, pet RX, cats, dog, dish towels, misc.
Total cost for each box is $1.80!

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...