Sunday, January 16, 2011

Chocolate Covered Pretzels

Every year since Jason and I got married, that would be 2, so basically, last year and then again this year, I made chocolate covered pretzels for neighbors and friends.  Last year I melted the chocolate in bowls and then spooned it onto the pretzel rods.  This year, I got smart.  I heated the chocolate in paper coffee cups (made to hold hot liquid) and just dipped them.  (Please forgive my ungloved hand.  Next year I PROMISE I will wear gloves.)

SAM_0101 SAM_0096 SAM_0097 SAM_0098 SAM_0099 SAM_0100

If you would like to make this wonderful goodness yourself you will need bags of chocolate chips and bags of pretzel rods.  The ratio is either two bags of chocolate chips to every one bag of pretzel rods, or one bag of chocolate chips to every two bags of pretzel rods.  I really wish I could remember which ratio it is.  If you don’t want to wait until 2011 Christmas posts you will just have to plan two trips to the store. (Sorry.) 

I like to use white chocolate chips.  This year I used red and green sprinkles.  Last year I used food coloring so that we had red and green pretzels.  You can do whatever your heart desires with white chocolate.  Jason and I also believe the white chocolate tastes better than the dark and milk chocolate covered pretzels.

To start, just pour one third of a bag of chocolate chips into a paper coffee cup or a deep mug.  Put in microwave for 30 seconds.  Stir,  Place back in microwave for 30 more seconds.  Stir.  The chocolate will continue to melt as you stir.  You don’t want to overheat it. 

Next, just tilt the cup and rotate the pretzel rod in the chocolate (as seen above).  Place on wax paper, sprinkle and let dry.  Eat all the broken ones and Enjoy.

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...