Sunday, January 16, 2011

Jason’s Golden Birthday Celebration

This year was Jason’s Golden Birthday.  He turned 29 on December 29. 

Jason isn’t one who enjoys going all out for his birthday, but he did request strawberry cake.  I was more than happy to oblige.  My favorite homemade cake recipe is one that I created sometime around 2004.  I created it because I have always loved two of the three components in Angel Food Cake.  I love the sugar strawberries and the whipped cream.  I’m not so crazy for the sponge cake part.  So, I took a yellow cake mix, baked it, and prepared the strawberries by cutting them into small bite-sized pieces and covering them with sugar.  Once the cake had cooled and the strawberries had produced their syrup I poked holes throughout the cake and poured the liquid over it.  Once the liquid was drained I spread the strawberries over the cake.  I then took one small tub of Cool Whip and used a mixer to mix it with one tub of chocolate icing.  I then iced the cake with it.  I’m not kidding, it’s the best thing you’ll ever eat! (If you like that kind of stuff.)

Jason doesn’t like chocolate, so I created a strawberry version.  I used strawberry cake mix instead of chocolate and fresh whipped cream (not mixed with any icing) as frosting.  I cut the 9x13 cake in half and put the strawberries between the layers. Jason LOVED it.  I thought it was wonderful until I wrote on it.

SAM_0126 SAM_0127 SAM_0142 SAM_0145 SAM_0159

Our next move was to Henry Hudson’s for cheese fries.  A few of Jason’s friends met up with us there.

SAM_0164 Jason and me 2 SAM_0166 Happy Birthday Honey.  I hope you had as much fun as I did.

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...