Monday, February 28, 2011

Fish Enchiladas

When I was a flight attendant for Frontier Airlines my favorite layover was LAX (Las Angeles) because every layover was the same.  You can read about it here.  The secret to my perfect day was the fish enchilada with green sauce from Wahoo’s Fish Tacos.  I thought Manhattan Beach was the only place in the world where Wahoo’s Fish Tacos existed.  I was naïve.  You can see all their locations here.  However, since there still isn’t a Wahoo’s in Oklahoma I had to figure how to out how to make my own fish enchiladas with green sauce, and this is what I came up with.

DSCN0761     

20 ounces of fish

28 ounce can of green chili enchilada sauce

8 flour tortillas

6 cups of shredded Colby/Jack cheese

I use cod, mahi-mahi or tilapia depending on what I’ve got.  Start by cooking the fish.  I season it with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  (If you have a certain flavor you like on your fish then you should try that.) 

DSCN0746DSCN0747 

 

 

 

 

Pour some of the enchilada sauce into a pan and then dip your tortillas into it.  (I wore gloves because I have a cold and didn’t want to get anyone else sick.)  Make sure you turn it over so that both sides are covered with sauce.

DSCN0748DSCN0749    

Next, put cheese and fish onto the tortilla and roll it up, then put it seam side down in a dish that is coated with enchilada sauce. 

DSCN0750DSCN0753DSCN0754DSCN0755

Once you fill the pan (I use two 8x8 pans that hold four enchiladas each.) pour enchilada sauce on top and then cover with cheese.

DSCN0756DSCN0757DSCN0758

Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. 

DSCN0759

I like to chop cilantro and cup up an avocado to go on top of the enchiladas.  Jason likes sour cream, so you can add whatever you like.  I steamed broccoli to go with the enchiladas, and they were delicious!

DSCN0761

 

Signature 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...