Saturday, March 5, 2011

4 x 4 = One More Reason To Be Narcissistic: Part 2

Jason is out of town on his annual guys weekend.  I am usually the one traveling, and as it happened I was out of town during last year’s annual guy weekend, so Thursday night was the first time in two years that I have had to go to our bed alone.  It stinks.  Now I understand why Jason sleeps on the couch when I’m away. 

All this is to say that Thursday night I stayed up as late as I possibly could in an attempt to stave off having to face the bed alone.  At 1:35 AM I started crashing as I was finishing Part 1 of my 4x4.  So, now…(drum roll please)…I give you Part 2.

02.  Favorite Smells

1.  Jason’s Deodorant

(picture from fitnesstargets.com)

Jason wears Degree Sport Deodorant.  I picked out his deodorant years ago.  Below you will see why.

nose Now, I always love the way he smells.  Sometimes it bothers him because I snuggle up under his arm so that I can get a good whiff of his awesome deodorant.

2.  Jason’s Aftershave

Nivea for Men Sensitive After Shave Extra Soothing Balm, 3.3 Fluid Ounces

(picture from www.amazon.com)

I know, another one of Jason’s smells, but one of my favorite things about being married is the morning routine we have when I’m home.  Jason gets up at 5:30 or 6 AM, he showers and then comes in our room, quietly pulls the covers over my head and turns on the light.  I can see the light through the covers, but it allows me to slowly wake up without being blasted by light.  Jason continues his morning routine and I groggily get up, I start the coffee, then I let the dog out and. I put together Jason’s lunch bag, let the dog back in, fix Jason a frozen breakfast biscuit or lean pocket and then fix his to-go coffee.  At just the right time he comes into the kitchen, gathers his lunch bag, his breakfast and his coffee and leans down to kiss me good-bye.  I breath in his aftershave.  He straightens up to leave and I pull him back down so that I can take in another deep breath of of the intoxicating smell.  He always laughs and says, “I have to go now.”  This happens every morning, just like this, and I love it.    

3.  Victoria’s Secret “Sexy Little Thing” Perfume

(picture from www.shopstyle.com)

I have spent years searching for the perfect scent.  For some reason smells turn funny on my skin so I have never found a perfume that I loved on myself.  I would always try scents and as the day progressed I would end up trying to wash them off because I was so tired of smelling them every time my wrist got close to my nose for something.  One day, a few months ago, I was shopping at Victoria’s Secret for something.  They were giving away a goodie bag with a purchase of so many dollars or more.  Well, I qualified for the goodie bag and there was a trial size of this perfume inside.  I decided to try it, and I have worn it every day since.  I wear it no matter what I’m doing.  I feel like I finally have that “signature” smell; a smell that when people pass others wearing it, they will think of me.

4.  Cinnamon Rolls and Coffee

(picture from parentsconnect.com)

For me, breakfast doesn’t get any better than this. 

1 comment:

  1. So, for Christmas maybe I'll get you a candle or some other deliciouly scented items to take your mind off of armpits. Lol, just kidding really! I do however typically try to avoid the smell of armpits, so I had to laugh a little when I read this. You are too funny : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...