Monday, March 21, 2011

Car Review: 2010 GMC Terrain

I’m working as a flight attendant today.  Since it’s my first day on this trip I flew into Houston this morning and got a rental car.  In fact, my plane left at 6:20 this morning.  I went to bed at 11:45 last night and got up at 4:00 this morning.  It’s now 7 PM.  I’ve been working since my plane landed and I just checked into the hotel.  So, if I start dosing off during this post please forgive me…I’m a little sleepy.  (On another note: Message In A Bottle is just starting on whatever channel this is, and I’m kind of excited about it.)

Back to the subject…

I love just about every part of my job.  I even love getting up at 4:00 AM on occasion.  One thing that is especially fun for me is arriving at the National Rental Car Emerald Aisle.  I get off the shuttle that has picked me up from the terminal and brought me to the rental car center.  I walk through the massive glass sliding doors, go down the escalators, walk though the next set of sliding glass doors and then up the half escalator to the Emerald Aisle.  The person at the top of the escalator greets me.  I greet him/her back, step forward and then stop.  In front of me are lines of cars, and I get to pick whichever one I want.  I carefully walk through the lines of cars and decide which one I want to drive this time. 

Today it was a silver 2010 GMC Terrain. 

Picture10Picture11Picture14

On a scale of 1-10, I GIVE IT A 4.  (I had a 3 until I read that it boasts 32-mpg.)  I picked this car because it has an awesome looking inside, but as soon as I got in I was uncomfortable because I don’t like being close to the steering wheel (because I’m terrified of an airbag breaking my face), but I couldn’t back up because then my feet wouldn’t touch the pedals.  I’m 5’2”.  I was pushing the pedals with the tips of my toes and my arms were at a 90 degree angle.  There is something very wrong with that.  I like a car that is made so that when the tips of my toes are on the pedals the tips of my fingers are on the steering wheel.   

The other major strike against this vehicle are the blind spots.  These were my views looking back.

Picture15Picture16

And this mirror.  It’s a full mirror when you’re driving forward, but when you put the car in reverse a screen pops up to show you what’s behind you.  This is actually a really cool safety feature.  I will want to own a car that has this when I have kids someday.

Picture17

 

Aside from the mirror, the things that make this vehicle cool are all esthetic, like this cubby with an outlet.  It has a non-slick surface and it’s about 8 inches deep.

Picture6

 

These are some more pics of that esthetically pleasing inside…

Picture5Picture8Picture3   

The GMC website has some really cool pictures.  If you want you can see some more about it there.

If you’re in the market for a car take one for a test drive and let me know what YOU think.

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...