Monday, April 16, 2012

Cute Hair Idea

I have always been plain Jane about my hair.  Not to brag, but my hair is pretty easy.  It’s thick, it’s shiny and while it’s stick straight it holds curl really well.  So, I’ve never done much with it.  However, for the past 10 years I’ve had jobs that require me to wear it in a pony tail.  I went from being a restaurant server to a flight attendant.  Both require hair up, and I am finally sick of boring old pony tails.

So, I’ve been experimenting.  This is one that I came up with, and I LOVE it.  So, I thought I’d share it with you.  I started at the side and then French braided it to the side and then around my head.  I pulled the hair from the other side of my head into the braid so that all of my hair is in the braid.  When I ran out of hair to add to the braid I twisted it into a loose bun.  The key to this style is that I curl my hair first so that the hair coming out of the bun is curled.  (Just a tip: anytime you are going to just “throw your hair into a bun” it will always look better if you curl your hair first.  I know that defeats the purpose, but it will make your messy hair look cute instead of just messy.)

Braid 1Braid 4 Back

Bun Top

Signature

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! Seriously, it's great. I'm so impressed with how you take the time to really do your hair. Like you, my hair is straight and shiny and easy. Except unlike you, I do NOTHING with it. So yes, I'm uber impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...