Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Hectic Time Just Got A Little More Hectic

If you read my post The Moment You’ve All Been Waiting For! and Change Is Good, Right? then you will know that I work as a contract flight attendant and that I’m currently transitioning into Executive Flight Attendant-ing, and that I took a job as a server at an Italian restaurant in Oklahoma City and a job with a catering company in Norman.  Well, they all merged over the last two weeks.  So, in a matter of moments I went from not having very much work to not sure when I’m going to get a day off.  This might sound like complaining, but it’s not.  These are statements of facts.  I am thrilled to have this much work.  My flight attendant job is part of our household income, and my catering and serving are going into an account that is strictly for vacation use.  This makes waiting tables so much more rewarding for me. 

Picture1

Just to recap the past two weeks, my first day at Papa Dios (the restaurant) was Tuesday, March 8.  I shadowed Tuesday Wednesday night.  I was supposed to shadow on Thursday night, but thankfully I proved myself competent enough that I started waiting tables on Thursday.  I also worked Friday and Saturday night.  The next day, which was Sunday, March 13, I drove to Bartlesville to work at one of my flight attendant jobs.  I worked Sunday-Thursday night.  I drove home Friday morning, didn’t work Friday night, but I worked a catering event on Saturday night.  I never knew how much physical labor is involved in catering.  It was me and 5 other ladies.  We unloaded, set-up and reloaded really heavy stuff. 

Sunday night I was not working at one of my jobs, but I did cook a four course meal and serve it to Jason and our friend Brandon in order to practice for an upcoming trip.  (We moved the dining room into the living room so that they could enjoy an in-flight movie.)  The first picture says it all.  The second picture is hard to see.  It’s hot towels.  The third picture is of all my irons in the fire.  The pics after that are what I served.  I started with an appetizer, which was stuffed peppers because Brandon likes them and fried yellow squash because Jason requested it.  I then served a soup course, which was tortilla soup.  Then onto the main course, which was a baked corn tortilla topped with cheese, chicken, mushrooms, and more cheese, with seasoned rice and refried beans.  For dessert I served Easy Peazy No-Bake Cheesecake.  The last picture is what my sink looked like when I was done.  The poor guys had to clean the kitchen because I didn’t finish serving them until 9:30 PM and I still had to pack before I could go to bed because I had a 6:30 AM flight the next morning, which meant I had to get up at 4 AM. 

Picture2 DSCN1006Picture4   Picture9 Picture6Picture10Picture7Picture1

So, that was a non-working day. 

I went to bed around 11:30 PM and then got up Monday morning at 4 AM, got dressed, gathered all my stuff and headed to the airport.  I’ve been working everyday this week.  I will get home Saturday afternoon just in time to say hello to my husband, change and head to Papa Dios for my Saturday evening shift.  YAY FOR WORK!  YAY FOR VACATION MONEY!!

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...