Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Mom

My mom is the greatest woman I have ever met.  She is the one woman I look to for guidance about how to be strong and independent, how to be reasonable and use logic, how to be serious and how to be taken seriously.  However, she is also the woman who taught me how to love and how to be loved.  She taught me how to laugh with others, but never at them.  She taught me how to be gentle, tender and compassionate.  She taught me to always be honest, integrous, and humble.  She has taught me that whatever is worth doing is worth doing right.  She has always said what needed to be said, but in a way that it would be gently received.  She has stood behind me and cheered me on in everything I have ever done.  She gives countless amounts of wise council, but never without first asking if I want it.  She has always worked very hard so that I could have opportunities that a lot of kids never had. 

One of the things I appreciate most about my mom is that she never held on too tight.  I always felt loved, but I also felt free.  She was the kind of mom that was willing to push you out of the nest so that you could see the world from up high.  She gave me wings, and I will never be able to express the depth of my gratitude. 

Happy Mother’s Day Mom.  I love you!

092_dsc9868

Picture taken by my cousin, dcampbellphotography.com.

 

Signature

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...