Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Dad

My dad is amazing.  If I had hand picked a father I could not have picked better than the one I got.  I still remember a framed quote that hung on his wall.  It said, “Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a daddy.”  My father was a daddy.  He did the most important thing a dad can do, he spent time playing with us.  For as long as I can remember my dad came home around 5:30 every day.  He played with us, he ate dinner with us, he tucked us into bed and then he went back to work for several hours.  He gave us the most precious gift a dad can give, he gave us his time and his energy, and he never complained.  My dad led by example.  He never yelled, he laughed at himself and taught me to never take myself too seriously.  My dad has never met a stranger.  He taught me to be kind to everyone.  He is humble.  I learned from his example that humility can take you farther than anything else because humility is what gives you favor with everyone around you.  He taught me that hard work always pays off in the end.  My dad is the most positive person I have ever met.  He has taught me that life is fun and always worth living when you see the glass half-full.  My dad treats everyone with kindness and does his best to help everyone any way that he can.  He is the most respectable, honest and trustworthy man I know.  My dad would go to the end of the world and back for me.  He and my mom led me to Jesus.  Because of my relationship with God and the attention of my father, I am confident, emotionally stable and comfortable with or without the attention of guys around me.  When the toilet broke dad talked me though fixing it.  When my tire was flat he talked me through changing it.  When I succeeded he cheered with me, and when I failed he loved me and made me feel comfortable enough to try again.      

I can’t think of my dad without seeing a smile on his face and a laugh coming from his mouth, neither can anyone else. 

My dad is the most amazing father I could ever ask for. 

Happy Father’s Day Dad.  I love you!

Pictures from Jason's Hard Drive 067

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Amazing dads are the coolest. I am glad you have this special relationship with yours :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...