Sunday, October 28, 2012

Judy Brought the Cold to Dallas

One of my dearest friends came to visit earlier this month – Judy.  She lives in Denver, where we met at Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Orientation.  During one of our sessions she volunteered to drive me around to the different appointments we had.  We became fast friends and she and her family invited me to live with them during the five week flight attendant training.  She has remained one of my best friends ever since.  Every year for the past five years she has either visited me or I have gone to see her, except for the year we met at a resort in Mexico for her wedding. 

  4 

It’s a tradition I love and look forward to every year. 

5   Judy 2

 6   Denver

 

When Judy was getting ready to come she asked me what she should pack.  I said, bring layers.  It’s really hot outside and really cold inside.  And, bring a swimsuit so we can lay out by the pool.  She looked up the weather and informed me that she didn’t really think she wanted to lay out since the high was only going to be in the 60’s.  WHAT?  I was shocked, but sure enough, on the day she arrived it was cold outside.  Since it had snowed the day before in Denver I totally blamed her for the cold.  As soon as I got her back to my house we spent four hours unpacking boxes looking for mine and Jason’s coats and winter clothes. 

It was awesome having her.  We watched the Sooners and the Broncos.  We saw Pitch Perfect and we went on a Dallas Cowboys Stadium tour.  It was definitely a weekend for the books.

_DSC0282

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_DSC0339  _DSC0261     

_DSC0317

_DSC0289  _DSC0284  _DSC0291

_DSC0305

 

The following actually happened.  I am always so impressed at how Judy has fun no matter where she is or what she is doing.

_DSC0322  _DSC0323

_DSC0326  _DSC0324    

Can’t wait ‘til next year.

 

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...